Ski Schools in Morzine-Avoriaz
There are a number of excellent ski schools that operate in Morzine and Avoriaz. With over 12 years of experience in Morzine we are happy to share our recommendations for the best ski school to use based largely on the feedback from our guests.
Whether you are just starting out with skiing or snowboarding or have been skiing for years, we can all do with some pointers or have picked up bad habits. There are a number of variables to consider before booking your ski lessons:
- Ski experience or ability - It maybe your very first day on the slopes, you haven't skied for a while or you are at a sticking point with parts of your technique. Time with an instructor will be invaluable for all levels.
- Confidence level - Your skiing maybe no holds barred or you may want your hand holding. We have different instructors in mind to both inspire the hardcore skier or calm and encourage the nervous skier.
- Time you want to commit - You can have short one on one private lesson or week long course with a group of similar standard skiers. Both will give great results and you may make some friends along the way.
- Price point - There can be a difference in pricing across different ski schools, for the ones which we recommend non are over-priced - You will be paying for the experience of the instructor the quality of their teaching and the attention that they are able to give.
- Location - Some of our guests spend their week skiing in Morzine, some their week in Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Crosets and some spend their time in a mixture of the two. We suggest considering where your lessons are hald to ensure that you all get the best from your week's skiing. We suggest reading on below
Please consult with one of our team for them to advise you on the best options for you and your group.
Where to have Ski Lessons in Morzine OR Avoriaz
Morzine is situated between two parts of the Portes du Soleil ski area. It is important to select a ski school in the part which you will spend the most time.
- To the South-West there are the Pleney slopes which access the Morzine and Les Gets ski area, this is easily accessed and the gentle nursery slopes sit on a plateau at the top of the Pleney telecabine, from our chalet doors to the plateau it takes approximately 20-30 minutes dependent on traffic and time of day. The Morzine/Les Gets area comprises 200kms of tree-lined skiing largely suited to beginners and intermediates. This area can be skied independently of the rest of the Portes du Soleil. Morzine is slightly more accessible and convenient, making it easy to head back to the chalet if one of the children has had enough
- To the North East of the valley lies Avoriaz and the gateway to the rest of the Portes du Soleil, this can be accessed via the Super Morzine telecabine (though not for absolute beginners) which is a short walk from our chalets, or one of our drivers will take you up to the new super-fast cable car at Prodains, the ski schools for this area meet at the top of the telecabine – chalet door to ski school meet point is approximately 20-30 minutes. We would recommend that Avoriaz is the best for those where the adults want to cover some ground and interesting terrain whilst the children are having their lessons.
As ski schools can get booked up well in advance we suggest organising these as soon as you book your holiday. The service we provide is not for our profit, but to ensure that you make the booking with as little stress as possible and find the right solution for you.