1. Especially if the little ones are catching their first glimpses of snow, we think it’s all about getting them to love the white, fluffy stuff, so they’ll be wanting to come back again and again. Sometimes they’ll prefer sledging, making snow angels or snowball fights. Other times, they’ll be hurtling themselves down the mountain like a championship skier. Progress really is on an individual basis, depending on the child. Ski Schools are a great way to encourage this development, and TG Ski can help you book your lessons; please just ask.
2. Layer up! Make sure everyone keeps nice and toastie by layering clothes, so kids can take things off if they’re hot, but also ensuring they don’t get cold. Although if anyone’s really chilly, head back to the chalet and warm up by the log fires or in the hot tub!
3. Encourage hot chocolate breaks! It’s also a chance for you to grab a cheeky mulled wine, but means the kids can thaw out, dry off and rest their legs. Really important if they’re going to last all week! Or recharge with our delicious afternoon teas in the chalets, which our staff will have prepared for you whilst you’ve been out on the slopes.
4. On that note, make sure they’ve got enough energy. Our chefs will tailor their menus according to your group’s requirements, to ensure the little guys have full bellies all week, as well as gourmet food for the adults. Fussy eater? We’ve got it covered! Speak to our Concierge Team in advance, and our chefs will liaise with you at the start of your week. If the kids are happy, the parents can enjoy their food, guilt-free!
5. Kids love adventure, so tree runs, jumps and bumps are always top of their lists. Ask our experienced team and we will happily share our favourite ski secrets. We can organise your lift passes so they’re waiting for you in your chalet, getting you the best deals with family or children’s passes, passing on any savings directly to you. Just speak to a member of our concierge team.
6. For any tiny tots, we can supply cots, highchairs, bed guards and bottle sterilisers to make sure you’ve got what you need. Please speak to us about any additional requirements; we’re happy to help as our team know what it’s like to travel with little children! Hence why we supply complimentary nappies and baby wipes, to save on precious luggage space. We can also source local nannies to come to your chalet, or the highly recommended local creche if required.
7. The kids will be better skiers than you in no time. Unfortunately, this is something you may just have to accept! And if the ski bug has been caught, you can prepare yourselves for this becoming an annual trip, with little ones begging you to come back. No problem… we offer TG Ski returning guests a 10% discount if you book for next season!